If you or someone you love is injured in a car accident or another motor vehicle accident, the steps you take in the first minutes and hours after the accident are extremely important. Whether it was a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, plane accident, boat accident or train accident, it is best to protect yourself.
If you or anyone else has been seriously injured, you should call an ambulance, if possible, or go to a hospital or emergency room for immediate medical attention.
Even if you think you have only minor injuries, promptly seeking medical care is best, because many people are more seriously injured than they realize at first. Getting a prompt medical evaluation can also mean the difference between success and failure in a potential personal injury claim.
Because the best evidence can disappear quickly, you should also contact an attorney as soon as possible, so investigators can be sent to the scene of the accident.
If you’ve been hurt, we can help. Call 1-800-688-1651 or contact us online. We are experienced Georgia personal injury lawyers with a proven track record of successful results in claims for injury, disability and wrongful death related to car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents.
Important Tips For After Accident
After any accident, follow these tips to best protect your interests:
- Do not make any statement that could be interpreted as admitting any type of fault or liability.
- Be polite and courteous to the police and the driver of the other car.
- Be observant as to the clothing worn by the other driver, as that might show the name of the company he was working for at the time of the accident.
- If you are able to, exchange insurance information with the other driver or other parties.
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses who may seen the accident or come upon the scene afterwards.
- If you have a camera or a video cell phone, take pictures of the accident scene and the vehicles.
- Notify your own insurance carrier so they are able to investigate.
- Go to your doctor or the emergency room as soon as possible, both to receive medical attention and to document your injuries.
- Contact a car accident lawyer to protect your rights to compensation.
- Do not give any statements about the car accident to any insurance claims representatives before you speak with an attorney. It is best to have your attorney handle any communications with any insurance adjustor who contacts you. The insurance adjustor might try to trick you into saying something that could reduce the value of your car accident claim.
- Keep a diary of your medical care and of everything that happens to you in the course of your treatment.
Getting The Legal Help You Need Now
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a car accident, talk with us as soon as possible for a free consultation. Call our office or complete a brief online form. From locations in Macon, Albany and Warner Robins, we help clients statewide in Georgia and throughout the Southeast. You will owe no fees unless we recover compensation for you.