Areas of practice
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Claims
- Short/ Long Term Disability Claims
- Disability Retirement Claims
- Life Insurance Claims
- Probate and Estate Law (Wills, Powers of Attorney, Advance Directives, Conservatorships, Guardianships, etc…)
Mr. Pyles was born and raised in Macon, Georgia. He has been with the law firm of Westmoreland, Patterson, Moseley & Hinson since 1993. For the last 25+ years, his practice has involved various areas of civil litigation. Lately, he has primarily focused on representation of individuals in both private and group (ERISA) disability insurance claims, disability retirement claims and life insurance claims. He also practices extensively in the area of Probate and Estate Law.
Over the years, Mr. Pyles has lectured on various topics relating to Employee Benefits Law, as well as wills, trusts and estates. He is a member of the Employee Benefits section of the State Bar of Georgia.
Mr. Pyles has been married for over 30 years to a wonderful and supporting wife, Natalie, and is the proud father of 3 children — Madelyn, Jackson, and Sarah. He has been involved in numerous community activities and organizations, served in various leadership positions, and has coached a number of local youth sports teams.
- State Bar of Georgia (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia (1994)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia (1995)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit (1996)
- Georgia Court of Appeals (1994)
- Supreme Court of Georgia (1995)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2001)
- Macon Bar Association (1993)
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. cum laude (1993)
- University of Georgia
- A.B.J. (1990)
Honors and awards
- AV Rated – Preeminent (2018)
- America’s Most Honored Professionals (2019)